Monday, September 7, 2009

Maya Angelou Quotes

Life is worth the living of it. Do it with your whole heart.

To those who have given up on love, i say trust life a little bit.

living life as art requires readiness to forgive.

My grandmother used to say, "when you don't like a thing, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Always, I hope to grow, brighter & funnier. I hope to learn to be even more well-rounded. But right now, I cannot be any better than I am.

I like the person I am becoming.

Someone was here before you, lost before you, ignored before you, and yet, miraculously, someone has survived with passion, compassion, and humor and style.

I am not competing with anyone other than myself. I want to be excellent at whatever I do.

I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people.

There is something gracious and graceful about serving.

In the course of staying alive, I always love to hear people laugh. I never trust people who don't laugh or who act as if they put airplane glue on the back of their hands and stuck them to their foreheads.

when we step away for a time we are not being irresponsible, we are preparing ourselves to better perform our duties and obligations. Sometimes when we step away we return to find that important questions have been answered in our absence.

self control is true power.



[[[All of the above quotes are by Maya Angelou]]]

No comments:

Post a Comment